Sunday, July 24th — DeVon Franklin — Produced by Faith
Look at your life as a story, like a movie. God is the director. You are the lead role and partner with God in writing the script. You have a calling, a big idea, that God has called you to do. You must discover that vision and develop it into production. Like any good movie, you will face conflict. You’ll have detractors. You will face setbacks, but, if you hold on to your faith and stay true to whom God has created you to be, you’ll succeed.
Work through the following questions on your own, and get together with your running partner, Life Group or friends and family around the dinner table to talk through what you’re learning!
- Read Proverbs 2:6-9. What’s the big idea for your movie, your life? What’s your vision? Why are you here? What has God created you to be, to do?
- Read Philippians 4:13. In what ways have you allowed fear to overcome your faith? What steps can you take to show that your faith is stronger than your fear.
- Read Galatians 6:9. Are you in Development Hell right now? Have you been? What needs to happen to move you out of it? What are you doing to balance the pursuit of your “movie” with your service and relationship to God and others?
- Read 1 John 3:18. Have you gone into Production yet? How do you know? What are your “dailies,” your regular devotion to God, and what helps you sustain them with your busy schedule?
- Read 1 Chronicles 28:20. How has God used you and your “movie” to distribute blessings to others? What do you want your impact on others to be?
Proverbs 2:6-9 — For the Lord gives wisdom; from his mouth come knowledge and understanding. He holds success in store for the upright, he is a shield to those whose walk is blameless, for he guards the course of the just and protects the way of his faithful ones. Then you will understand what is right and just and fair—every good path.
Philippians 4:13 — I can do all this through him who gives me strength.
Galatians 6:9 — Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.
1 John 3:18 — Dear children, let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth.
1 Chronicles 28:20 — David also said to Solomon his son, “Be strong and courageous, and do the work. Do not be afraid or discouraged, for the Lord God, my God, is with you. He will not fail you or forsake you until all the work for the service of the temple of the Lord is finished.
BIBLE APP by YOU VERSION
If you’ve yet to do so, we encourage you to download the Bible App by YouVersion on your smart phone. Create a free YouVersion account. Tap Plans > Discover > Search: Outreach New Testament > Start Plan. Then you can read along each day with us!
Read, study & meditate further this week on Paul’s “movie” in Galatians Chapters 1-3.
SPIRITUAL GROWTH PATH
Did you know you can now track your progress working through the outcomes we include in Next Steps right on Gateway’s website?! Go to Spiritual Growth Path and create an account. You’ll get access to Spiritual Fitness Checks and training with the spiritual outcomes.
Spiritual Outcomes — Self-Awareness & Ministry
We impact those around us, whether we intend to or not, and the wise learn to discern the effect of their own presence. Cultivating an awareness of our impact (both positive and negative) on others will help us authentically re-present Christ in all we do in the circumstances of the “movie” God is directing in our life.
Learn more about self-awareness by working through the Self-Awareness outcome.
Knowing one’s spiritual gifts is a starting place. We must know the gifts God has given us, the way his Spirit has empowered us, so we can maximize our efforts by leaning into God’s strength and power.
Learn more about discovering your ministry by working through the Ministry outcome.