DECEMBER 23RD & 24TH
As an adult, how does it feel to give the perfect gift? Now imagine how God must have felt Christmas night—His sense of excitement. Think of all God did preparing for us to see and anticipate the best gift there ever was. Could you imagine leaving such a gift and never unwrapping it? Would you open it but then leave it under the tree unused? What will you do with the Gift this year?
Work through the following questions and Scriptures on your own, and get together with your running partner, life group, or friends and family to talk through what you are learning.
1. What stood out/intrigued you from this message?
2. Can you relate to what you heard in the message? Has this same idea/challenge come up in your life before, or is it new?
3. How does what you heard affect your life right now (maybe it speaks to something you are going through, struggling with, looking into, etc.)?
4. What challenged you?
5. What is your next step to apply what you heard?
6. Is there someone you feel prompted to share with about what you’ve learned from the message?
Go to gatewaychurch.com/next-steps/relate_to_god
This week, work through the Relate to God outcome on Gateway’s Spiritual Growth Path, as it will help you dig deeper into the ideas of the message.
Discuss what you’re learning with your Life Group and/or friends.